Tsinfa is a professional supplier & manufacturer of hydraulic press machine in China. Powder metallurgy (PM) is a kind of technology to produce metal powder or use metal powder (or a mixture of metal powder and non-metallic powder) as raw material, through forming and sintering, to manufacture metal materials, composite materials, and various types of products. In the existing technology, many powder metallurgy workpieces are completed by pressing with a hydraulic press machine. Before being pressed and formed, the raw materials of powder metallurgy workpieces are in powder shape, so it is also called dry powder forming hydraulic press.
Powder metallurgy hydraulic press also belongs to a type of powder forming hydraulic press.
Powder metallurgy hydraulic press has a strong specialty. In use, the design tonnage of the equipment is large, the operation frequency is high, and the operation time is long. The design requirements of the hydraulic system are particularly high. The powder metallurgy press runs fast and runs for a long time. It is an important link for the equipment to have a reasonable hydraulic system. In addition, mobile worktable, photoelectric protection device, blanking buffer device, PLC control, industrial touch screen, system heating, and cooling system, and other devices can be configured.
Questions? Give us a call at +86-15318444939, and talk to one of our expert reps. You can also fill out our contact form.
Powder metallurgy press for sale:
Powder metal press
315 tons hydraulic press machine, automatic feeding, automatic feeding, one compression molding, plc control
Multilayer compacting with heating plate
1000 tons of pressure, High processing efficiency
metal powder forming hydraulic press
Metal powder molding, instead of casting, high strength, high efficiency.
Powder metallurgy press operation video:
We can customize according to your needs, contact us for solution and quotation
What are the advantages and disadvantages of powder metallurgy press?
1. It can process special materials. Powder metallurgy can produce refractory metals, compounds, pseudo alloys, and porous materials.
2. High purity materials can be prepared. The powder metallurgy process does not melt the material in the material production process, so it will not be mixed with impurities brought by other substances, and sintering is carried out in a vacuum and reducing atmosphere, which is not afraid of oxidation and will not pollute the materials. Therefore, the purity of the product is relatively high.
3. Mass production can reduce costs. Powder metallurgy is suitable for the production of products with a large number of uniform shapes, such as gears, which can greatly reduce production costs.
4. Save metal, reduce the cost of raw material loss. Because powder metallurgy can be pressed into the final size of the compact, there is no need for machining. The loss of metal produced by this method is only 1-5%, while that of general processing is 80%.
5. Correctness of material distribution. The powder metallurgy method can ensure the correctness and uniformity of material composition in the proportion.
1. The strength and toughness of powder metallurgy products are poor. Because the pores in the compacts can not be eliminated completely, the strength and toughness of powder metallurgy products are worse than those of castings and forgings with corresponding compositions.
2. Powder metallurgy cannot be made into large products. Because the fluidity of metal powder is worse than that of liquid metal, its shape and size will be limited to a certain extent, and its weight will not exceed 10 kg.
3. The cost of die is high. Due to the high cost of die manufacturing, it is only suitable for use in mass production.
What are advantages of powder metallurgy parts over cast parts?
1. Powder metallurgy can produce complex parts in large quantities and can reduce machining or no cutting, and up to 95% material utilization
2. Powder metallurgy is easy to form and has high precision, which greatly reduces the waste of powder metallurgy materials and the production cost.
3. The difference between powder metallurgy and casting is that the metal state of forming is different, and the temperature control mode is also different after the material fills the cavity. Casting is formed by phase transformation from liquid to solid; powder metallurgy is formed by the fusion of low melting point materials between solid particles. Casting has completely melted metal, powder metallurgy only part of the material melting. The casting mold is much larger than the powder metallurgy mold, and the cost is several to ten times of the powder metallurgy mold.
4. In ordinary castings, porosity and shrinkage are common defects, which are also difficult to overcome by melt casting. However, the porosity, pore size, and distribution of materials prepared by powder metallurgy can be effectively controlled and can be adjusted in a wide range.
Application of powder metallurgy compaction technology:
Powder metallurgy technology has been widely used in transportation, machinery, electronics, aerospace, weapons, biology, new energy, information, and nuclear industry, and has become one of the most dynamic branches of new material science.
Powder metallurgy technology has a series of advantages, such as significant energy saving, material saving, excellent performance, high precision, and good stability, which is very suitable for mass production.
In addition, some materials and complex parts which can not be prepared by the traditional casting method and the mechanical processing method can also be manufactured by powder metallurgy technology, which attracts the attention of the industry.
Due to the advantages of powder metallurgy technology, it has become the key to solve the problem of new materials and plays an important role in the development of new materials.
In a broad sense, powder metallurgy products include iron and stone cutting tools, cemented carbide, magnetic materials, and powder metallurgy products. In a narrow sense, PM products only refer to PM products, including PM parts (accounting for the majority), oil-bearing, and metal injection molding products.
1. High-quality structural parts 2. High-performance alloy 3. Mixed phase special alloy 4. Composite parts